Hellion Testing Squad recruitment

ShomyShomy Zero Gravity Staff Admin
Posted: edited May 2017 in Bug Reports and Issues
Space survivors!

Hellion Testing Squad is looking for members to help me and my team in smashing bugs, steam group Hellion Testing Squad has been made which will be a private group for testers only. In that Steam group members will be able to report bugs and give feedback for improvements and changes. To join our testing squad please fulfill the application form on this URL:

Application Form

Chosen players will have exclusive access to upcoming content before it's been released to public and possibility to improve the game experience with the feedback provided. Read more on our blog.

Comments

• DreadmetisDreadmetis Member
    Posted:
    Great news :) Thanks whoever told the devs to try that ;)

I'll have a practical question though, from Talung (streamer) that is wondering if there is/ will be some kind of NDA on ths test squad content. He'll presumably want to stream. I remember I was able to see some streams from early versions on Twitch already so I would presume it's a no NDA agreement, but if there could be an official word from the studio (maybe a note in the actual blog article ?) would be perfect on this !
  • THOR_AGENATHOR_AGENA Member
    Posted: edited May 2017
    Oh sounds exiting. Almost like a new game mode. Chase the Bugs (tm)! Good initiative :) Everyone wins.

Do you accept numnuts with below specs lappy? The advantage are that I can detect a bug faster than I can even think, and spot design flaws 5kms away.

Regardless thanks to everyone that will sign up!

• DataData Member
    Posted:

Great news :) Thanks whoever told the devs to try that ;)

I'll have a practical question though, from Talung (streamer) that is wondering if there is/ will be some kind of NDA on ths test squad content. He'll presumably want to stream. I remember I was able to see some streams from early versions on Twitch already so I would presume it's a no NDA agreement, but if there could be an official word from the studio (maybe a note in the actual blog article ?) would be perfect on this !

no NDA required
  • DataData Member
    Posted:

Oh sounds exiting. Almost like a new game mode. Chase the Bugs (tm)! Good initiative :) Everyone wins.

Do you accept numnuts with below specs lappy? The advantage are that I can detect a bug faster than I can even think, and spot design flaws 5kms away.

Sometimes to find bugs you need low end and high end computers, I would say the only requirement is a real dedication and want to help the game find all bugs before new content release.
  • DataData Member
    Posted:
    Admins:
    "Thank you for taking the time to apply for Hellion Testing Squad, we will review your application and invite you to the Squad! "
    Under the current text that you get for completing the survey it's implied that the person 100% will be invited, if this was not your intent please reword the statement to avoid user confusion.
  • ElPabloElPablo Member
    Posted:

Do you accept numnuts with below specs lappy? Oh come on Thor we all know that you are directing that comment it me again. Well im not only thick skinned i am also thick.

I will try applying ZG and i have a list of excuses already hand written for when i get rejected. I can cope with rejection in real life i get it every day.
    Posted:
    lol try living in a country where no one speaks English. I get rejected automatically each time I walk out the door haha.

Watching some hellion youtube videos, funny how players with highend rigs experiencing frame drop 50-15fps did not notice the culprit bug, like the particle effect. They only did a relog way after scanning, being a victim of the "Purple Cloud of Death" not understanding why. On my computer I was 0fps after scanning.

Being below specs does have other advantages. I detect nearby players from lagging. So I sorta have my own biological entity detector :)
  • RougeJPRougeJP Member
    Posted:
    This is a great idea and I hope to be able to contribute bugs, ideas and feedback. Good job Hellion team!
  • SadPandaaSadPandaa Member
    Posted:
    Small group of dedicated bug seekers?...... could be some fun times! Let's get it going
  • ShomyShomy Zero Gravity Staff Admin
    Posted:
    Wow, so many of you have filled the application. Thank you, didn't expect this much! We are going trough them and preparing everything else for the squad, recruitment will start next week, probably on Wednesday. We will keep you posted!
  • CheeseJediCheeseJedi Member, Moderator
    Posted:
    This is a great idea!
    Posted:
    Debating with myself if I should fillup that form. Will there be champagne and cigars?

• ElPabloElPablo Member
    No Thor probably not but you may be lucky enough to get shot by a SDS ‘Trident’ automated sentry gun.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/588210/announcements/detail/1917816381012452810
  • CheeseJediCheeseJedi Member, Moderator

Debating with myself if I should fillup that form. Will there be champagne and cigars?

Only for the victors! :tongue:

doing some further experiments over here and still undecided whether i should signup. This book cover became pertinent other than its testing weight.

Star Navigators

will be your names for the duration of this project =]

Remember: You are unique, intelligent and true. You are curious, aware and true.

Many thanks to all those who will dedicate parts of their lives testing this beautiful piece of software <3

• GuyC_UKGuyC_UK Member, Moderator
    Here's hoping to be a victor in becoming a testing agent :)
    also Good luck to all those who apply for it
  • OpinionsOpinions Member
    Posted:
    All signed up. Getting everything crossed.... except the power couplings, that could get messy!
  • iloilo Member
    Posted:
    @THOR_AGENA did you make up your mind and decided to apply? I'm curious
    Posted:
    I've not ilo. I'm also curious who signed up though. That might help me in my time allocation schedule. Did you?

Who signed up?
  • iloilo Member
    Posted:
    I did. I was going to be fighting with the ship engines anyway, either with this version or the beta one, I have a fixation with them :blush:
  • natswrightnatswright Member
    Posted:
    I've applied for this and would love to get involved. I'm a twitch streamer too and part of a stream team, so its possible more of us could want to stream the game too.
  • DataData Member
    Posted:
    will there be a new forum section for us? (posts will be hidden from others who are not in the testing crew) or should I
  • FateWeaver71FateWeaver71 Member
    Posted:
    I applied, how long does it take to get a response if you get in?
    Really hope I do, I tested in the past for afew game and would love to test this game.

• the_noobthe_noob Member
    Posted:
    @FateWeaver71

A friend got a response few days ago, took about a week I think.
  • NikoGNikoG Member
    Posted: edited July 2017
    if is alredy open whe are a team with 5 person , I have more than 270 hours on Hellion and do a lot of test whit my friends .
    if you need we will be proud
  • ProtheanProthean Member
    Posted:
    Me and my Friend playing on a private Server to test any Posibility even Jump to Askatar And building bases there! Test big bases! Door and Airway glich tests and so on.

If you whant we would be proud to test new thinks (we could even make a new Test Server or come to you)!

I played atm 318Hrs. (and by the way we are German)!

We hope to get a positiv answer! Till There
  • ShomyShomy Zero Gravity Staff Admin
    Posted: edited August 2017
    Hey @Prothean feel free to send an invite request on squad page http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Hellion_Testing_Squad also anyone else willing to help out, please do the same :)
  • ProtheanProthean Member
    Posted: edited August 2017
    ok request is on the way :-)
    Steam Account Name: Gearwarrior2582
  • DefensiveDefensive Member
    Posted:
    I sent a request as well c:
  • VeqrynVeqryn Member
    Posted:
    Defensive said:

I sent a request as well c:

Nice Defensive,
    I've watched your videos with EeZeE and buds, good fun you all are having. Very entertaining. You're good at videos, dude. You should make more tutorials.